Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bittersweet Symphony

1.) What is one thing that you would change about this class?
A.) I really wish that I could have been in the actual AP class period. It makes me sad to know how much I missed out on at times, but I couldn't drop out of band! Otherwise I'm not sure I would change anything...
2.) Do you have any advice for future AP students?
A.) I think that future AP students need to not stress about these projects - not until the end of the year did I start to ENJOY doing these projects over looking at them more so as homework. Enjoy making art and even though at times it seems to pile up on you along with everything else going on in your life, if you have a talent then use it. It's so worth it in the end.
3.) What are you going to miss most about high school - and please don't say the people. Pick something else, good or bad.
A.) Haha, I would say the last thing I'd miss is the people. I think the thing I will miss most are small classes. I love learning so much, and having a smaller class is kind of cool because I think we have some great teachers here that I have loved getting to know. Mostly I'll miss the art department and band, but I'll be in a bigger art department in college, and a band full of talented people which really excites me.
4.) Give me one final thought - it can be about anything. Share a part of yourself. Something that your portfolio teachers don't know about you.
A.) I feel like my teachers don't know a lot about me! I guess I'll give a cheesy sentimental little statement of saying that I really appreciate everything you all have done for me and all of your students. I love the people involved at the art department here and I think that the teachers do such a wonderful job and not only are great teachers but (from what I know) are great people as well. I had a great four years at high school and made amazing memories, but I am DEFINITELY not one of those people who will say that high school was the best time of my life (I think that is completely pathetic, just saying) because I think that there are always better things to come. I'm so excited to continue to grow as a person and experience college, experience friendships and relationships, make memories with my family, create art, and I am just so excited for so many things to come in my life. Life is so beautiful and even though it seems hard to leave this big chapter of my life it had to happen eventually and I think that now is a great time. I just hope everyone continues to pursue art in some way, no matter where they are at in their life.

To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

No comments:

Post a Comment